Rossland, BC: Ymir Gold Mines Ltd., 1899. A mammoth, early map of one of the earliest working Gold Mines in the Ymir area. Interesting historical details include the near-nascent town of Ymir, the location of the "Power Magazine" - about 1200 feet out of town along the wagon road - the "Half Way House", roads to the Ymir Mine and Ymir Mill, the Salmon River, Wild Horse Creek and the North Fork of Wild Horse Creek, the Nelson and Fort Sheppard Railway and several mine claims near Ymir mine, including the Rockland, Mist, Golden Horn, North Fork, Bly, and the Randall claims. Scale is 400 feet to 1 inch and is signed near bottom edge "Henry B. Smith, Rossland, B.C. Dec. 6th 1899". A Cyanotype (Blueprint) map consisting of two sheets joined at center measuring 19 inches tall x 67-1/2 inches wide overall (17-3/4" tall x 66-3/8 " wide at neat lines), map was originally folded for field use and is now flattened. Map with some edge and fold line tears, multiple hole punches along the top edge and tape repairs verso. Verso with soil, a few brief mathematical calculations and, written in a cursive hand in blue pencil "Ymir Plan Wagon Road from Ymir Town to Mine / H.B. Smith Dec. 6th 1899" with a further notation in black pencil "Original tracing is in Draughting room." H.B. Smith had his office on Columbia Ave. in Rossland [p. 266 Williams' Official BC Directory, 1899] and was one of the first presidents of The Association of Provincal Land Surveyors, see Thompson, vol. 2 p. 75. Very Good. Item #3778
"In the summer of 1895, Jerome Pitre, Joseph Pitre and Oliver Blair staked claims that were to become the famous Ymir Gold Mine. This was followed by the staking of many more claims in the Ymir area... The Ymir Mine was the largest and the best producer. It started with a forty stamp mill and later added another forty stamps, making it the largest stamp mill in the British Empire." George Murray via the Ymir BC site accessed 06/2021.
Price: $350.00 CAD other currencies